TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
OUR VALUES: Go with your GUT with GRIT
* Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. With self-awareness and integrity we strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
* Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We value transparency. We communicate with radical candor, authenticity and precision to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully.
* I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed and we take full ownership of our work. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. We fly in formation to win together.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Magnifi by TIFIN is changing the way consumers shop for investments by bringing trusted data, insights, and a world of investment opportunities right to their fingertips. Magnifi’s free search tool and AI-powered personal investing assistant enable individual investors with varying degrees of investment experience and know-how with investment intelligence that, up to now, has only been offered to professional financial advisors. Magnifi also provides, free, no commission and no-order flow trading of stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds for investors seeking to easily put their insights to work. In a world where every individual is unique, TIFIN enables Magnifi customers to gain critical investment intelligence and recommendations that match their distinct investment needs, risk levels, goals, and personal interests.
We are in growth mode and are seeking an individual who will thrive in a get-it-done environment and can adapt to new demands with a strong sense of urgency and precision. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will join a passionate product, design, and development team building innovative yet easy-to-use products to achieve our mission of building engaging wealth experience to improve financial wellbeing. Working alongside Product, Data Science, Design, and Frontend engineers, you will bring new products and features to life. We currently use Python and our applications are deployed to AWS and GCP., An expertise in those technologies, or a strong interest in working with them, is essential for this position.
You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements based on product requirements and implementing them with maximum impact on the users. You will be expected to develop technology that minimizes technical debt while maximizing the customer experience.
* Participate in architectural, design, and product sessions and be a crucial part of the decision-making process on overall technology direction
* Work closely with Product, Design, and other Devs to build customer-facing features
* Integrate with a wide array of tools and services via API
* Jointly own and champion the backend architecture and engineer complete solutions to problems
* Collaborate with the Product and Design teams to realize the product vision and provide valuable feedback on the scope and viability given constraints of time, performance, and device capabilities
* Build, deploy and maintain RESTful and GraphQL APIs and their communication with the down-stream systems
* Bring DevOps knowledge to participate in designing our network architecture and tooling used for integration and deployment
* Work hands-on to realize the deployment architecture, setup and maintain integration and deployment
* Provide our users with an overall experience with high quality, scalability and robustness
* Troubleshoot and fix product issues
* Conduct design and code reviews
* Help shape engineering and company culture
WHO YOU ARE:
* 6+ years of product development experience, with at least 3 years of Python
* Experience with data analysis packages like Pandas
* Experience developing highly scalable backend microservices
* Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines and best practices
* Solid general software architecture, programming, and debugging skills
* A high degree of comfort working with product team members
* Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment (we run weekly sprints)
* A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
* An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
* Exposure to PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
* Experience with Fintech, Wealth Management or Commercial Software Development is a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $150,000 – $190,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
* Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
* Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
* Parental Leave: 12 week paid maternity, 4 week paid paternity leave
* Corporate Social Responsibility and volunteering opportunities
* Access to our Chief Mindfulness Officer, including 1:1 personal coaching for executives and rising stars
* Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
* The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.