Riot Games Esports will carry sport and sports entertainment to its future. We’ve been there for fans from the beginning, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for passionate individuals with a desire to push esports teams, players, and tournaments to be better! As a Staff Software Engineer on the Stadium team, you will work with a team of producers, designers, and engineers to prototype, build and own what it means to bring the Stadium atmosphere to people watching Esports all over the world.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
The Stadium Team is a new area of focus within Riot Esports Technology. The goal is to capture the magic of live-events and bring them to viewers all over the world. We aim to bring people together to experience once-in-a-lifetime moments in their circle of friends, be able to express themselves & immerse themselves in the wave of the crowd.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Esports Technology, you will focus heavily on prototyping and evaluating technology. As the team grows, building out complex systems and ensuring they scale to millions of viewers will become your main charge. In this role, you will work closely together with Product and Design to find the fun for players and viewers. You are relied upon to guide if systems are feasible, and set examples on the quality of our engineering processes.
This role is expected to have experience across both Backend & Frontend development to quickly iterate on products and guide development efforts.
You will be part of the Stadium team in Riot Esports Technology R&D, reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
* You will lead and contribute to technical direction, design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
* You will manage the team’s process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you
* You will oversee the quality and maintainability of your team’s code-base
* Provide research and opinions on exploration within new development areas
* You quickly iterate on prototypes and new areas to find feasible solutions for the products we are building
* 7+ years of experience or equivalent in Software Engineering
* 3+ years of experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
* Deep hands-on programming experience with Java or Golang
* Hands-on programming experience with React, TypeScript & GraphQL
* Experience with fast iteration and prototyping together with Product guidance
* Working together with vendors and third party service providers
* Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform
* Familiarity with CI/CD using Docker and Jenkins
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner’s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.