New York, NY (Remote)
One of the first projects you will contribute to in this role is the creation of a dynamic onboarding journey, as well as the analytics-forward dashboards our customers will log in to see every day. This is a perfect opportunity for engineers who thrive on building out interfaces and flows that make complicated technological concepts feel intuitive and approachable, even to non-technical people. As our next Staff Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform team and will report directly to the team’s Engineering Manager.
Chord offers advanced ecommerce infrastructure for growing brands that want to have cutting-edge technology and data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is an early-stage SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As a Staff Engineer, you will:
* Learn about Chord’s engineering principles, and add your own best practices along the way.
* Partner with Product, Marketing, and Data to ship well-tested, performant, full stack features. We love using feature flags to control how changes are rolled out.
* Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity.
* Contribute RFC (Request for Comments) proposals that improve our team’s culture, processes, or architecture.
* Support the growth of engineers around you.
* Contribute to documentation that our customers will love using.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
* A reputation for being inclusive, curious, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful.
* Full-stack development experience, especially in Ruby, JS, and Typescript.
* Experience working with React-based frameworks (Gatsby, Next.js).
* Experience authoring and maintaining high-quality GraphQL or RESTful-based APIs.
* Belief in the value of test-driven development.
* Hands-on experience with complex production systems at scale – ecommerce experience is a big plus.
Bonus points for:
* Experience writing tests with tools such as Jest and React Testing Library.
* Experience working with cloud and/or serverless architectures, especially in Heroku or AWS.
* Experience with CI/CD and deployment to Netlify, Gatsby Cloud, or Vercel.
* Familiarity with modern CMS systems like Contentful or Sanity.
* Experience working in an early-stage SaaS or PaaS company.
You’ll love this role if you are:
* Passionate about creating a better commerce experience for scaling DTC brands.
* Proud of the times you helped your coworkers, cross-functional partners, and customers by creating self-service solutions for common service requests and issues.
* Excited by the opportunity to be an early, critical member of a rapidly growing organization.
* Personally aligned with our mission to make commerce accessible.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
* An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 65% dependant coverage.
* Flexible, uncapped PTO; we encourage a minimum of 4 weeks/year.
* An onboarding package and annual work from home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
* Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
* The benefits of working from home, with opportunities to spend quality time with the team at Chord in-person events throughout the year.
* To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
* This is a full-time, salaried position that includes Equity. For US-based employment: the expected salary range for this position is $188,000 – $221,000/year. We set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies in our market. This salary range represents the full salary range for the position. The starting base pay offered may vary depending on factors including experience, expertise, market demands, and internal parity.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with our Engineering Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.