The Aurora Services Platform Engineering team creates services and web applications that enable commercial operation of autonomous vehicle fleets at scale. Our mission is to build the software used daily to enable the business side of our platform – accepting load & rideshare requests, evaluating route feasibility, assigning work to autonomous vehicles, and managing their operation. As Aurora prepares to massively scale its fleet and integrate with customers on an API level, the tools we build will be critical to the efficient daily operation of our business.
As a Customer Integration Software Engineer in Aurora Services Platform Engineering, you will join a team that builds interactive tools, services, APIs, and onboard modules used to connect with customers and drive commercial workflows executed by autonomous vehicles. You will add new features to existing products and greenfield completely new ones. Your contributions will have a significant impact on the way fleet operations function at Aurora.
In this role, you will
* Build & support scalable, reliable transportation APIs and backend services that will serve as the entry point for customer integrations into Aurora’s autonomous fleet operations ecosystem.
* Work closely with external customers to understand their workflow & technical requirements and provide guidance on integrating their transportation management systems with Aurora’s external API.
* Collaborate with customer engineering teams to identify and troubleshoot any integration issues that arise during the integration process.
* Work closely with Aurora Services Platform Engineering teams to design and implement new workflows for the commercialization of Horizon and Connect products.
* Develop and maintain documentation, including integration guides and API reference material, to support external customers in their integration efforts.
* Drive product design and development discussions to ensure that customer integration needs are taken into account.
* Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior members of the engineering team.
You will be a good fit if you have
* Proven experience in customer or client-facing roles, with a strong track record of building relationships with external customers and successfully implementing collaborative projects.
* 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on building public REST APIs and backend services.
* Phenomenal communication skills. We build software for people. We build software with people. You know how to write an effective technical spec, provide feedback to others, translate technical concepts into understandable terms, and incorporate feedback into your efforts. You value and practice openness, empathy, kindness, and collaboration.
* A bias for action. You will use good judgment to balance speed and quality. You will deliver products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You will use a self-starter mentality to thrive in a growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small. You will notice where there is a need and will hustle to fill it.
* The drive to make teams stronger. You’re excited to work hard and fast to the finish line on new opportunities with a collaborative and integrated team. You will be proactive in engaging conflict with openness, patience and kindness in an environment where it is safe to lean on each other and learn from failures.
* Motivation to own the product lifecycle end to end. You’re happy to engage with our product and business development teams to understand customers’ needs and find ways to meet them. You ensure that product development stays on course all the way through release and post-release support.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Experience with the modern technologies to build our products including Golang, gRPC, GraphQL, Postgres, and AWS.
* Experience with Kubernetes service configuration and deployment.
* Knowledge of network security such as AuthN, AuthZ, mTLS, and SSL.
* Experience working with packaged SaaS supply chain or ERP applications.
The base salary range for this position is $189,000.00-$302,000.00 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
| #Mid-Senior |