Our direct news & entertainment client is seeking a SR. Software Engineer with Microsoft Development in Goline, Java, Goline Libraries & Scala. The role is a new 1-year contract-to-hire job opportunity in New York City. You will work on contract for one year (they are flexible), then you have the opportunity to convert to direct hire with our client. The position is hybrid, and you will work on-site three days a week and two days a week remote. You will work on a large team supporting different areas of the company. We have a relationship with the hiring manager, and he is seeking to hire “immediately”.
NO C2C – THIRD PARTY – YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON OUR COMPANY’S W-2 WITH NO USCIS INVOLVEMENT
- Hands-on expert in Golang, Java/Scala with 7+ years of experience.
- Expert knowledge on building applications which offers API for Clients using various Architectural styles like REST, GraphQL, Web Socket Subscriptions, GRPC.
- Expert in analyzing and consuming data from SQL ad NOSQL Database management systems preferably Oracle, MySQL, Redis and MongoDB
- Good knowledge of concurrency in Go – goroutines, channel patterns, Go ecosystem, and tools and frameworks.
- Experience building large scale enterprise web applications using Go and Spring Boot Web Frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience in Engineering best practices like Code Reviews, Code Re-factoring, Security audits, Performance tuning, building Operational tools and troubleshooting.
- Experience in working with infrastructure teams on Product Releases, CI/CD, Git Workflows, Build tools.
It is a “bonus” if you have experience in:
Knowledge of the Go programming paradigms and idioms
Exposure to Building, deploying, and debugging on AWS
Demonstrable experience on capacity planning, designing for failover, fault-tolerance, and disaster recovery.
Experience working on US election projects.
- Partner with the Product, Operations, Design, and Editorial teams to bring our client’s content to life.
- Hands-on expert in GoLang, Java/Scala with 7+ years of experience.
- Agile scrum support
- Will have stand up team meeting daily.
- Developing the features of the system
- Building product from ground up.
- Taking data from vendors and publish data.
- Working independently
- Correct errors and provide system improvements.
What has made someone successful in this role in the past ?
- Successful – deliver on time, high quality code, competency in understanding the problem, ensuring what they are working on works.
What soft skills are needed to be a good fit for the team?
- Communication with product owners and scrum masters
- Articulate the challenges you are having,
- The approach you are taking with the rest of the team