Job Title: Sr. UI/React Engineer
- NO BANKING EXPERIENCE, should have enterprise organization background
- 5-8+ years of experience in UI, key attributes are:
- Problem Solver – able to bring solutions and options to the table
- Curious/Passionatte, eager to continue learning, likes to work on side project/learn new tech
- Comfortable with ambiguity, team is currently working to establish set processes, but not defined yet
- Hand them a problem and they will run with it
- Agile environment
- Perfect candidate would be full stack vs front end only, but not a deal breaker by any means. Should be able to build and deploy code (understand CI/CD)
- NO .NET. Java and Python only – Python would be preferred
- Supporting external UI/customer facing site. Thousands of users, 12,000 to start.
- Should understand tools chains in React, but no specific version required.
As a Senior UI Engineer you will play a vital role in delivering key features and capabilities to our Separately Managed Accounts Platform – Remi. You will be encouraged to be creative in solving problems both in for all Remi users including Quantitative Portfolio Managers and Financial Advisors. As a member of the engineering team, you will have access to a massive dataset of financial data. You will be a key player in productionizing new features that deliver workflows, new user experiences, data & insights to improve the Remi experience at scale.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative – with all facets of both users and other technology teams. This as a product in its infancy it is a dynamic and rapidly changing landscape. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial to succeeding in this role.
- Develop best in class software for portfolio optimization models and separately managed accounts
- Building a highly scalable system for interfacing with thousands of clients and users across the country (and soon the world)
- Providing mentorship to the team on best practices and architecture in modern front end and client engineering practices
- Partnering with the Systematic SMA team to implement impactful features and provide insight into how to position us for future growth from a usability standpoint
- Being a key contributor in defining a technical and engineering roadmap
The ideal candidate for this position has a background in a variety of systems including streaming, ETL, micro-services, modeling, and is proficient in software engineering best practices. This individual will enjoy building and optimizing highly technical big data systems, keeping up with the latest tools and techniques, and collaborating with a small team. We are looking for a self-starter who has the desire to be the go-to person for Python and interesting problems to solve in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
This position offers a very rare opportunity of migrating a platform and organization (Allspring is a new company!) to AWS and helping to shape the future for the data organization.
- Expert level experience with React
- Exposure to React frameworks like Next.js, Gatsby, Remix, or similar
- Significant Experience building a stateful application using state management libraries (Redux, Mobx, Flux, XState, etc)
- Experience using Storybook, Styleguidist, Pattern Lab or other design system management tool
- Experience using Typescript and GraphQL
- Ability to help mentor more junior technical staff members
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Significant experience developing large scale, high-availability systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to help plan work in actionable tasks with accurate effort estimates
- Can interface with design teams to ensure valuable handoff of design assets
- You are comfortable working with multiple 3rd party vendors for integration and support
- Python is a huge plus, will end up supporting with React & Python code base.
- Experience with containers (Kubernetes, ECS, EC2, Docker, Podman, etc.)
- Java, Rust
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations management, build processes, testing, and operations