Spectrum s Product and Technology team creates, develops, and operates the nation s fastest mobile service, most reliable internet service, most viewed live TV app, and the most advanced WiFi, serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We are transforming the next era of connectivity and entertainment experiences. The diversity of experience available within Spectrum s Product and Technology team is unmatched and there are opportunities to grow your career as a designer, architect, engineer, developer, operator, or data scientist. We are creative, disciplined, hard-working, complex-problem solvers that believe in collaborating to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days)
Responsible for managing the underlying data platform and services that enable reporting, analytics, and superior customer self-service experiences. Supports engineering and operational excellence by providing a highly available API platform at web scale. Collaborates across the organization to implement development standards and data solutions that align with our broader corporate strategy and ultimately drive a superior customer experience. Provides direction for the teams responsible for creating an information advantage for the organization with a focus on scalability, time to market, delivery, operations, and customer experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage Charter s customer self-service APIs and requisite infrastructures, and Content Management systems that power user experiences.
- Promote a culture of data-driven operations by ensuring that all APIs are deeply instrumented and monitored.
- Track operational efficiency and availability of all systems and applications.
- Work with other Charter teams from Product, to infrastructure and application development.
- Identify and implement continual improvements within the data platform and services that allow Charter to decrease time to market for new customer experiences.
- Manage the adoption of systems/tools/processes where appropriate.
- Support senior leadership in the continuing transformation of Charter into a data and analytics driven organization.
- Build and mentor a high-performing backend software team and vertical leader team by recruiting, training, coaching and developing effective leaders and staff.
- Support team in meeting goals by identifying, mitigating, and communicating project risks.
- Monitor the development of data platform and services to maintain compliance with industry and government regulations, protecting our data assets with the highest levels of security.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated understanding of reactive platforms like Akka, Node.JS, Play, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Java and Spring Framework
- Demonstrated knowledge in REST and Micro Services
- Demonstrated understanding GraphQL based APIs
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of public cloud infrastructure services capabilities such as AWS
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of modern microservices architectures employed at web scale
- Ability to operate customer facing production services at web scale, 24/7/365
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of DevOps principles and practices
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues, both logical and interpersonal
- Demonstrated effective communications skills including presentation skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
BA or BS College Degree or related work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Telecommunications, Product and/or equivalent experience – 7+
Software engineering team management – 3+
Distributed computing software development – 3+
Experience developing distributed software operating in JVM and on Linux
Experience leading people and projects
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of telecommunication/cable services or industry experience
Master s Degree or MBA
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Work Experience 10+ Years of total and 3+ Years of Management
Some travel required
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
MPD646 336238 336238BR
Here, employees don t just have jobs, they build careers. That s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $110,800.00 to $196,400.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.