Are you ready for a leading Engineer role?
Would you enjoy working on our cutting-edge products?
Join us in shaping a more just world.
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities.
LexisNexis Reed Tech enables innovators to accomplish more by helping them understand the nuances of regulatory requirements, create product data management strategies and meet compliance deadlines on time. Our customers create life-changing innovations, we help solve their complex regulatory challenges.
About the Role
At LexisNexis Intellectual Property (LNIP), we believe that whenever a person works on a patent and understands the future trajectory of a specific technology, that person has the potential to fundamentally change how society operates.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will provide leadership and vision to developers working on our software. You will help to create enterprise grade enrichments utilizing our Patent and associated content sets and you will have a large opportunity for impact.
You will be working closely with peers and senior leaders you’ll be ensuring the successful completion and delivery of software. Additional responsibilities may include budgeting, identifying and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations.
- Partnering with and leading resources to solve complex business needs, serving as the technical contact
- Managing your team, including interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; and giving appropriate feedback
- Mentoring your team, ensuring that they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles, providing clear feedback
- Writing advanced complex code for computer systems, as senior source of expertise, performing reviews and leading development
- Acting as an acknowledged “go to” person on coding and technical issues
- Recommending technical strategy and direction across functional area, participating in the development and evolution of architecture
- Working directly with product manager to define and execute on delivery of features across a product
- Interfacing with other personnel or team members to finalize requirements
- Completing complex bug fixes, and resolving technical issues
- Encouraging new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations, and empowering them to be accountable
- Creating and updating patent domain content features within our Patent content data sets
- Serving as resource manager for task and workflow resource prioritization
- Interfacing with other technical personnel or team members to document, interpret, and finalize requirements
- Serving as focal point for requirements drafting, defining and/or gathering as related to projects within or affecting specific area of responsibility
- Implementing and executing data management and analysis processes and procedures which support group expectations
- Resolving complex data issues as necessary within specific functional area or data type
- working closely with other technology and business teams to understand complex business needs and translating into team functions
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives and implementing best practices.
- Identifying areas for improvement and implementing initiatives to improv capabilities and efficiencies
- Implementing development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Identifying opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [ Email address blocked ] – Click here to apply to Software Engineering Lead – Content Platform Development – Intellectual Property (Remote) or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on