Cox Automotive is seeking Software Engineer II to join our Advanced Optimizations team. Responsible for developing critical applications utilizing primarily Python and AWS services.
As a Software Engineer II you will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with architecture, product management, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Aid in design and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Gather and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion.
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Technical writing including high- and low-level diagramming techniques.
What We Look For (required):
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills in Python
- Experience with the AWS Serverless Computing stack (e.g., Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, API Gateway, AWS Glue et al.)
- Experience developing microservices architecture
- Experience implementing REST and/or Graph APIs
- Experience with CI/CD, unit testing, and IAC tools
- Experience with software engineering on-call rotations
What We Look For (preferred):
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining application documentation and creating API specifications
- Experience mentoring/leading newer or less experienced team members
- Exposure to concepts like the Well-Architected Framework and the Twelve Factor App
- Public speaking skills
- Experience managing a Federated GraphQL schema.
- Experience working with monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, etc.
- Experience with AWS CDK, or CloudFormation for IAC
- Experience working with Data Science preferred python packages like Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Familiarity with basic statistical models
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Computer Science major
- 2-4 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, frontend or backend development of client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.