Rockville, MD (Remote)
US Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC (“Emmes”) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our “Character Achieves Results” culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee – from entry level through top executive – to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
Develops and enhances cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) web-based clinical trials applications under the guidance of senior staff.
* Develops and enhances cloud-based, SaaS web-based clinical trials applications
* Collaborate with product, engineering and software quality assurance (SQA) team members for integration, design, and verification in an agile environment
* Adheres to industry best practices and Emmes quality standards for code security, optimization, and reusability
* Uses established frameworks for a seamless user experience across platforms
* Performs unit testing, debugging, and troubleshooting as needed to ensure quality of work
* Completes technical documentation related to development and enhancement tasks
* Assists with refactoring/reworking of major modules as directed by senior staff
* Bachelor’s degree
* 1 or more years of related professional experience
* Experience with Single Page Applications (SPA)
* Experience with GraphQL clients like Apollo
* Experience with authentication and data caching
* Experience in web platform development tools like Node.js, Express, AWS Amplify,
AWS Lambda, AppSync, and GraphQL
* Experience with API security
* Experience with DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, or other relational database
* Experience with source code repositories like AWS CodeCommit, Git/GitHub, or SVN
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
* Unlimited Approved Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
* Work From Home Anywhere in the US
* Maternal/Paternal Leave
* Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
CONNECT WITH US!
Follow us on Twitter – @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn – The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.