Abrigo provides technology that community financial institutions use to manage risk and drive growth. Our solutions automate key processes – from anti-money laundering to fraud detection to CECL readiness to lending workflows – empowering our customers by addressing their Enterprise Risk Management needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is not only a master of their craft, but also shares our commitment to driving a strong company culture by putting their heart and soul into their work every day.
Abrigo is seeking a Software Architect to assist us with the maintenance and development of highly scalable enterprise SaaS applications. This position will report to the Senior Staff Software Engineer, Team Lead. This position will be located at our office in Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, or remote.
What You’ll Do :
- Provide technical leadership to a newly formed PHP web application team; assist the team with the adoption of mainstream development paradigms and toolsets.
- Plan and orchestrate the technical evolution of a legacy LAMP stack product to leverage modern infrastructure, orchestration, and coding paradigms.
- Guide the technical design of APIs, microservices, and event-driven architectures.
- Collaborate directly with architects, engineers, product managers, UX leads, and data scientists to define and deliver SaaS products.
- Mentor others in their technology evaluations, designs, and implementations.
- Partner with business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with product management and technology leaders to analyze business and customer needs.
- Assist internal customer success organizations in solving complex customer issues.
- Proactively identify and share relevant technical developments, industry standards and best practices.
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts, prototypes, reference architectures, and implementations as needed to support the technical planning of projects
- Assess and develop observability plans for logging, monitoring, and alerting on system health.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ Years of experience as an architect or technical lead on customer facing, large scale, web-based applications.
- Must have experience working with PHP and LAMP stack applications. Should have experience and be comfortable working with Apache rewrite rules, Linux timers, and REST APIs. Should be familiar with object-oriented PHP design and familiar with PHP frameworks.
- Should be familiar with some, if not all, of the following technologies: C# .Net, JS frameworks (Vue, Angular, React), API (API Gateway, OpenAPI and/or Postman), API protocols & paradigms (such as REST, GraphQL and Webhooks), message broker/event queue technologies (Rabbit, Kafka), Kubernetes/Docker swarm, Docker, Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience building and deploying highly available, large scale, high performing multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions that incorporate architectural resiliency to provide high availability to clients.
- Knowledge of network and software security and developing hardened, secure APIs
- Familiarity with containers, orchestration tools, and modern CI practices.
What You’ll Get:
- Market competitive total rewards package
- To be part of the Heart & SOUL of a winning company with an inspiring mission
- The opportunity to Make Big Things Happen
- Competitive salary along with full health benefits with an HSA option
- Unlimited PTO and bank holidays
- 401(k) plan and company match
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, genetic trait, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Abrigo iscommitted to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
with the subject line accommodation.