Senior UX Engineer (REMOTE OPPORTUNITY) job in Hoover at Regions Financial Corporation
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Digital User Experience (UX) Engineer works collaboratively with our cross-functional Digital UX team (remote and on-site in Birmingham, AL) to create user-centered digital solutions that align customer needs with business goals. The UX Engineer plays a key role in creating experiences in the browser or application. The UX Engineer takes a pragmatic and systems thinking approach to front-end design, and are motivated by collaborating to create inclusive experiences and clean, responsible code.
* Writes maintainable, scalable, and accessible HTML and CSS for User Interface (UI) components and page designs
* Contributes to testing and code governance and collaboration via Git
* Assists in establishing standards for HTML and CSS conventions and CSS architecture
* Writes documentation and teaches designers and developers across the organization about how to leverage front-end design
* Provides senior-level guidance in code reviews
* Leads team in code testing strategies
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor’s degree in in Design, Computer Science, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors or Human-Computer Interaction and ten (10) years of hands-on experience building websites and web applications
* Or a High School Diploma/GED and fourteen (14) years of hands-on experience building websites and web applications
Skills and Competencies
* A love for collaborating with designers, as well as self-directed problem solving to design in the browser
* A systems thinking and proactive problem solving approach to identifying common UI patterns and distilling them down into highly repeatable components
* Ability to establish meaningful relationships with cross-functional teams including development and product management within and across product groups
* Ability to work within Agile/Scrum/SAFe development methodologies
* Commitment to inclusive design and accessibility (Experience working within WCAG)
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team to listen effectively, to respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and to offer and accept feedback openly
* Experience in establishing CSS build tools and delivery infrastructure and writing code that enables design system assets (design tokens, SCSS, CSS, Sketch files, documentation site) to be delivered to a variety of development teams of designers and developers
* Experience in setting up and maintaining automated CI/CD workflow
* Experience or familiarity with static site generators and UI testing techniques
* Experience receiving data from a REST or GraphQL API and displaying it in a UI
* Experience with automating build processes and working with package managers
* Experience with cross-browser testing across desktop and mobile browsers
* Experience with CSS methodologies such as BEM, ITCSS, OOCSS, etc.
* Experience with modern web libraries like React, Vue, Svelte, Angular, WebComponents and their frameworks like Next, Gatsby, Nuxt, SvelteKit, etc.
* Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo) and Artifactory
* Experienced in designing systems and process structure for web and mobile solutions for enterprise platforms
* Expert at scalable CSS architecture and expert with modern CSS layout techniques (flexbox, grid, feature queries) and preprocessors (Sass or Less)
* Familiarity with design tools like Sketch and InVision
* Familiarity with or interest in learning about Web Components and the Sketch Plugin API
* Pragmatic approach to working within existing tech stacks while keeping an eye on the industry for opportunities for improvement
* Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Additional Job Description
This position will work on the Regions enterprise design system.
* Experience as a design system engineer, design technologist, or front-end designer.
* The Regions design system is currently built in React. React experience is highly desirable for this role.
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is based on the national range and level of the position.
Job Range Target:
Incentive Pay Plans:
This job is not incentive eligible.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
* Paid Vacation/Sick Time
* 401K with Company Match
* Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
* Disability Benefits
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life Insurance
* Parental Leave
* Employee Assistance Program
* Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
[ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Senior UX Engineer (REMOTE OPPORTUNITY) />
Denver – Union Blvd
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
- Browser Testing