Senior Software Engineer, Payments Platform (Remote) job in Boston at ezCater
The Senior Software Engineer, Payments Platform will work as part of our platform engineering team, building systems responsible for the financial success of ezCater and our catering partners.
What You’ll Do:
* Own and maintain systems related to financial reporting, distribution of funds, tax calculation and remittance, and so on.
* Architect and develop systems for representing the business and financial configurations of our catering partners.
* Understand, maintain and update systems responsible for business-critical financial operations.
* Help raise the technical skills for our backend engineers through cross-squad initiatives, presentations, and shared documentation.
* Work closely with product and design to ensure we build the right things the right way.
What You’ll Have:
* Engineers that would be best set up for success on our team have several (but not necessarily all!) of the following attributes:
* 4+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
* 6+ years of professional development experience
* Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
* A platform mindset – you enjoy working on systems that improve development stories for other engineers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation
* A strong appetite for learning, and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our development environments better
* An appreciation for the craft of coding, with opinions derived from this appreciation
* A friendly, flexible and pragmatic disposition
* Additionally, a few nice-to-haves are:
* An understanding of CI / CD
* Experience with Datadog or similar tools to gain observability
* An understanding of RSpec or Ruby native testing framework.
* An understanding of API first development, and experience with GraphQL and/or REST APIs
* A grasp of the fundamentals of event streaming and pub/sub architectures
* A distributed systems mindset, and experience working with both service oriented architectures and monolithic applications
The national cash compensation range for this role is $143,000 – $184,000 per year*
* Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
- Continuous Integration
- Data Streaming