Our culture lifts you up-there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile and dedicated.
Job Description :
About Our Company
Breezeline is a dynamic, innovative company providing the very best Internet, TV, and Voice service to the US markets we serve. We Are ‘Above And Beyonders’, who consistently strive to surprise and delight our customers by doing the unexpected. We continually look for new and better ways to enrich our customers’ lives through connected and memorable experiences.
As the 8th largest Internet provider in the United States, Breezeline provides
Internet, TV, Voice, and enterprise business services to more than 1.3 million business and residential customers across thirteen states. Headquartered in Quincy, MA, Breezeline is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX: CCA).
Why Work At Breezeline?
As one of the country’s fast-growing Internet service providers, Breezeline offers our colleagues a vibrant workplace culture and excellent career opportunities. As a proudly diverse and inclusive organization, we believe that every person’s unique individuality should be welcomed and celebrated, and their abilities and potential should be honored and recognized. It is a key part of our culture to actively promote opportunities internally to ensure that you are never static in your career with us.
Internal Values – How we act
We are proud that Breezeline is unlike any other employer in the industry. We work hard, but we never lose sight of the big picture. We understand that our colleagues are looking for more than just a great job – they want an extraordinary life – and at Breezeline, we want to make that a reality.
And here is how we do it.
Fun: We laugh a lot. It makes every day brighter, and if you don’t love what you do, you’re not doing it right.
Job flexibility: We think everything you do matters – at work and home.
Discounted services: We offer our customers some fantastic services, and we think you deserve to enjoy them in your home, too.
Total Rewards: Let’s be honest, everyone wants to make a good salary. We offer attractive total rewards and a great culture to go along with it. We’ve got you and your family covered with one of the best packages in the business.
Career evolution: At Breezeline, you get more than just a job. You get all the tools you need to learn, grow, and achieve your career goals!
Cutting-edge technology: Do you have a passion for technology? Great, we do, too. At Breezeline, you will get the opportunity to manage, influence, play, create, fix, and re-shape the industry.
This remote position is open to any candidate within the Breezeline footprint:
- New Hampshire
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
The Senior Developer is a member of the DevOps team responsible for leading the development of tools, APIs and applications to support and interconnect Breezeline’s products and services. The Senior Developer will make high-level design decisions and oversee the entire development process and environment.
- Acts as architectural and software development and project lead.
- Oversees the design and implementation of the software development environment.
- Collaborates with software vendors and internal engineering teams to develop software solutions.
- Makes design decisions about open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Leads the selection of coding languages or scripting methodologies to resolve problems with a custom workflow.
- Leads project and brainstorm sessions to determine the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- 15 years of high level software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with and collaborating using development tools such as Gitea, Jira
- Significant experience with Linux OS environments
- Experience working in Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Elixir production experience with Phoenix, GraphQL, REST APIs
- Experience working with front-ends written with react.js using GraphQL
- Container based development and deployment experience, such as docker, swarm, k8s
- Familiarity with enterprise authentication mechanisms such as LDAP and OpenID, SSO
- Able to train developers in any of the above
- Strong SQL and database experience, MySQL/MariaDB
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage (including prescription and vision plans)
- Dental coverage
- Life Insurance (1x salary at no cost to employee)
- Long and short-term disability insurance (no cost to employee)
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Company recognized Holidays with additional Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) programs
- Comprehensive Flex Work Policy
- 401(k) plan eligibility (company match 50% up to 5% of eligible contributions)
- Participation in the Employee Bonus Plan
- Participation in the Cogeco Stock Purchase Plan
- Complimentary and discounted broadband services (for those in our service area)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Headspace Membership
- Opportunities for LinkedIn Learning subscriptions for select colleagues
At Cogeco, we know that different backgrounds, perspectives, and beliefs can bring critical value to our business. The strength of this diversity enhances our ability to imagine, innovate, and grow as a company. So, we are committed to doing everything in our power to create a more diverse and inclusive world of belonging.
By creating a culture where all our colleagues can bring their best selves to work, we’re doing our part to build a more equitable workplace and world. From professional development to personal safety, Cogeco constantly strives to create an environment that welcomes and nurtures all. We make the health and well-being of our colleagues one of our highest priorities, for we know engaged and appreciated employees equate to a better overall experience for our customers.
If you need any accommodations to apply or as part of the recruitment process, please contact us confidentially at [ Email address blocked ] – Click here to apply to Senior Software Developer