The QA Analyst will work specifically with the IT project team to ensure that the high-quality needs of the project are met and delivered to the end users in a timely manner. The role entails testing all aspects of our annuity administration system and its downstream dependencies as well as communicating and representing QA in regular meetings and communications.
The successful candidate will take a technical QA role on several projects with the key responsibilities listed below.
- Create, maintain, manage, and execute test plans.
- Collaborate with internal business customers including Operations.
- Identify, compare, and resolve data quality problems.
- Support Production problem resolution and testing
- Leverage technology to improve/optimize QA process, quality.
- GraphQL/PostgreSQL knowledge
- Experience working with working with large volumes of data in multiple formats
- Working knowledge of relational database, database development, associated analysis tools, such as SQL Server Management Studio, PC Admin, Power Query, Power BI, MS Access, etc.
- Experience with testing front-end and backend APIs of web and batch applications
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and methodologies, C++, Python, Java, VB, etc.
Preferred Skills/Knowledge/Nice to Have
- Experience in QA processes, test planning and execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Subject matter expertise with financial industry products. Annuity and annuity industry experience preferred. Will also consider, investment, life insurance experience.
- Technical knowledge for a deeper dive into root cause analysis of defects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results
- JIRA expertise in defect management
- Experience in scrum methodology on large complex agile projects
- Working with API’s using Postman/Insomnia tools
- Test Case Management tool experience