Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy’s platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org .
About the role:
Classy’s Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Software Development Manager to lead a team of engineers to build and extend our fundraising products, analytics platform, and visualization tools. The ideal candidate is comfortable with people management and experienced with multiple front end frameworks and solid understanding of best practices. We want to talk to you if you can see beyond the donation experience and love transforming designs and mockups into highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, and seamless user experiences.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Partner with senior management to own and drive core business initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our User Experience software architecture.
- Evaluate technical solutions that contribute to the exciting growth phase of the company.
- Manage and coach engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years directly managing engineers at any level (new graduates to leads)
- Direct responsibility for delivering features on a defined roadmap
- 10+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies (full stack preferred)
- Excellent understanding of distributed software architecture with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SNS).
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient with microservice architecture with a solid understanding of strengths and weaknesses
- Proficiency in schema design in relational or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- An innate sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- 10+ years of software development experience with distributed teams
- Experience with refactoring complex single page apps and/or migrating from one framework to another (i.e. Angular > React)
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Experience with managing down tech debt and balancing it with new product development.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $175,000 – $250,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.