Full Stack Software Engineer
The Enterprise Technology group are searching talented Full Stack Engineers to join our Software Engineering organization. In Software Engineering we create customer value at scale through engineering excellence and a culture of continuous learning. We work as a team along with our partners in Corporate Technology and Enterprise Cybersecurity to deliver business value while leveraging Lean Agile principles and DevSecOps practices. We are looking for talented, open-minded individuals who take pride in delivering at a high velocity while also embracing a cloud-first mindset.
This team is on the forefront of the Fidelity effort to determine how to best apply NFTs for the Enterprise. Previous experience with, or knowledge of, subjects such as NFTs and blockchain would be helpful but are not required.
The Skills you bring
- Java (Spring Boot, JPA, etc.)
- Angular (or Vue.js/React)
- Mid-tier REST services
- AWS EKS
- Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines
- A proven understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Appreciation for and alignment to standard methodologies regarding object-oriented design, coding standards, common design patterns, secure application development and test coverage
- An active interest in new technology and emerging engineering practices
- The ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in-person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
Additional desired skills:
- Understanding of NFTs, digital wallets and blockchain
- AWS Lambda
The Value you deliver
- Full grasp of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Knowledge of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) to deliver new or enhanced applications, identify and communicate systems development processes and develop during the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tackle issues and work through ambiguous situations by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Can communicate in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers and senior management
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The desire to be organized, highly responsive and committed to quality
The Expertise we’re looking for
- Robust critical thinking skills, coupled with a desire for growth, to learn and engage with peers in technical and design discussions
- Proven experience communicating technical needs and capabilities to non- technical team members, product owners and partners
- Ability to apply a long-term mentality to help produce scalable, maintainable solutions
- Passion to provide guidance on standard methodologies and mentoring support to the other developers
How your work impacts the organization
Fidelity believes that diversity in background and experience will foster an engaging work environment for their employees. They recognize the value that employees’ differences can contribute to the forward-thinking and strong future of the company. This ultimately enables Fidelity to deliver better outcomes and support for their associates and customers. As a Software Engineer, you will drive outstanding business initiatives that improve the long- term value of the Firm. People who are phenomenal cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Senior Full Stack Engineer – JAVA | Angular | AWS, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “[ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Senior Full Stack Engineer – JAVA | Angular | AWS”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Senior Full Stack Engineer – JAVA | Angular | AWS.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Senior Full Stack Engineer – JAVA | Angular | AWS, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.