Tucson, AZ (On Site)
Under general supervision, DESIGNS and BUILDS high-performance, low-latency platforms, and applications with ETL application and deliver solutions in an Agile Environment. The Senior Engineer will help drive the insurance business transformation to redefine the experience for our customers. The Senior Engineer will review and analyze program requirements; code, debug, test and document programs for internal customers, and determine the best approach to create and/or modify those requested programs. The ideal applicant will also be responsible for advising internal customers while using their expertise on implementing systems and/or programming applications.
* Scopes, Designs, and Builds scalable and resilient distributed systems.
* Engages in cross-functional collaboration throughout the entire software lifecycle.
* Leads design sessions and code reviews to elevate the quality of engineering across the organization.
* Utilizes programming languages and databases (ETL applications, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, shell scripting)
* Executes Software delivery UTILIZING an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe) for continuous delivery, Infrastructure as code, Powershell scripting, Operation Portals (e.g., Azure Portal) and Monitoring Portals (e.g., Splunk and Application Insights).
* Builds product definition and LEVERAGES technical skills to determine solution.
* Mentors and supports engineers at all junior levels.
* Shates best practices and improves processes within and across teams.
* Adheres to GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies, and operating principles.
* Meets attendance standard at business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and co-workers.
Meets the requirements specified below:
* 4+ years of professional software development experience with ETL Development (Informatica, abinitio, DataMigrator, or etc.), SQL/PLSQL, Stored Procedures, shell scripting
* 3+ years of experience with Enterprise Reporting Tools (WebFOCUS, PowerBI)
* 3+ years programming languages Python, Java, C#, etc.
* 3+ years of experience with architecture and design
* 3+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
* 2+ years of experience in open source frameworks
* Demonstrates strong proficiency in internal and external system design
* Demonstrates strong working knowledge of application and technical infrastructure
* Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe)
* DevOps Concepts, Cloud Architecture
* Security Protocols & Products: Understanding of Active Directory, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth
* GIT and the overall GIT lifestyle
* Troubleshooting tools Splunk, Dynatrace, Thousand Eyes, Influx, Spark GUI, Yarn Logs, ETL Metrics, and Grafana
* Web Service APIs with technologies such as Rest and GraphQL
* CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory, etc.)
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
* Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
* 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Training and Licensures
* Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.