Ready to work on award winning desktop applications that make the world sound extraordinary?!
As a Senior Engineer, Application Development, you’ll develop and test top tier software applications and their integration with wired and wireless audio products. You’ll collaborate with other Company divisions including global marketing to establish use cases and requirements, and software tests to define and execute development plans. Let’s go!
* Works on cross-functional development teams to design and implement cross – platform desktop application software that controls and manages cutting edge audio products and networking technologies
* Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
* Collaborating with the software development team on application design and development.
* Implement high performance and quality modules
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
* Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures
* Collaborating with UX team to create applications with great usability
* Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
* Documenting processes and maintaining software development records
* Estimates, organizes, and documents tasks
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or similar.
* Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
* Experience using Electron framework
* Building self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
* Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in terms of both application logic as well as file relationships
* Familiarity with Apollo GraphQL client is a plus
* Developing high performant low-level C++ addons and interfaces for Node.js is a plus
* Familiarity with automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Proficiency in using of code versioning tools. Preferred Git and Bitbucket.
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Extensive experience in deploying software across a variety of platforms and operating systems.
* Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
* Great organizational and time management skills
WHO WE AREShure’s mission is to be the most trusted audio brand worldwide – and for nearly a century, our Core Values have aligned us to be just that. Founded in 1925, we are a leading global manufacturer of audio equipment known for quality, reliability, and durability. We engineer microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems, conferencing systems, and more. And quality doesn’t stop at our products. Our talented teams strive for perfection and innovate every chance they get. We offer an Associate-first culture, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity for all.
Shure Incorporated is headquartered in Niles, Illinois, with remote and hybrid opportunities throughout the United States. We have more than 35 regional sales offices, engineering hubs, and manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
THE MIX MATTERSDon’t check off every box in the job requirements? No problem! We recognize that every professional journey is unique and are committed to providing an equitable candidate experience for all prospective Shure Associates. If you’re excited about this role, believe you’ve got the skills to be successful, and share our passion for creating an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, then apply!