Senior Application Engineer
5+ years’ experience as an Application Engineer
Proficiency in debugging/profiling JDK based languages
Advanced work with JDK CI/CD and build toolchains including Maven, Gradle, SBT, Jenkins
Experience with modern RPC microservices, specifically GraphQL and gRPC
Proficiency in developing for Unix/Linux based environments including shell basics as well as process and network diagnostics
Exposure to monitoring, metrics and tracing tooling – ELK stack, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, OpenTSDB, OpenTrace, Jaeger
Exposure to message-oriented architecture – ZeroMQ, JMS, AMPS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Google pub/sub
Exposure to process/container orchestration technologies – Mesos, Kubernetes, OpenShift, docker
Hi proficiency in data architecture in both SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, HBase
Experience with reactive streams implementations and observables – ReactiveX (RXJava, RXJS, etc), Akka Streams, Monix, Spring Reactor
Understanding of machine architecture and natively compiled languages such as C++ and Rust
Experience with functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Lisp, Scheme
Experience with CQRS architecture
Experience in financial markets, especially fixed income and equities
Experience with Scala functional and/or concurrency libraries such as ZIO, Cats Effects, Akka, Scalaz, FS2
Experience with timeseries data and databases (KDB, InfluxDB, QuestDB)
Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns. At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements. Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained. Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance). Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities. Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack. Individual contributor.
Bank of America’s Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization..
* Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
* Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
* Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
* Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
* Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
* Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: