Globys is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Sustaining Software Development Engineer to join our growing Sustaining Engineering team! This individual will be responsible for collaborating with a talented, highly agile Engineering team to plan, create, and deliver world class software to Globys’ global customers. If you are ready to leverage your vast array of technical skills to the task of taking Globys Sustaining Engineering to the next level, then we look forward to speaking with you!
This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US.
As Sustaining Software Development Engineer at Globys, you will:
* Coordinate with level 1 support engineers to debug, analyze, and perform root cause of technical issues, and provide appropriate solutions.
* Develop software patches/fixes for the product in a timely manner.
* Demonstrate passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
* Demonstrate strong willingness and desire to learn (self-learner) and to stretch competencies.
* Demonstrate ability to work in an interrupt driven environment.
* Demonstrate excellent trouble-shooting skills and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
* Enable sharing of knowledge, teach other engineers and lead by example.
* Embrace the first principle of the agile manifesto: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.”
What we are looking for:
* Exceptional technical skills with a proven track record of 10+ years of experience developing complex and high-performance software solutions in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
* Strong knowledge of distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, cloud-native design patterns and technologies.
* Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS/Azure/Google, preferably with microservice architectures that leverage Docker and Kubernetes.
* Strong experience with one or more of these front-end technologies: Angular, React, Bootstrap, Vue 3, SASS, Rxjs, ASP.NET MVC.
* Strong database design principles with practical experience developing for SQL Server or Oracle. Experience in other database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Mongo and other non-relational DBs is a plus.
* Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a mix of intelligence, integrity, generalist knowledge, and diplomacy which engenders trust of teammates. Able to influence/drive technical solutions and enjoys collaboration with stakeholders from multiple, diverse teams.
What we can offer:
* 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting from your first day of employment
* Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
* Lifestyle rewards
* Remote work and more!
About us: At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and Telstra. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.