This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US.
What your impact will be:
* Be a key technical leader accountable for successfully collaborating with Product Owners and other members of the engineering team on envisioning, architecting, planning, and delivering highly impactful, innovative features for Globys’ SaaS offerings.
* Analyze and define design requirements for the creation of new and/or modification of existing features, systems, and environments and collaborate with team members to determine project scope, effort, and timelines.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams in the development of new systems, tools, and services, as well as address design issues and maintenance of existing ones.
* Actively participate in all phases of software development (from concept to design to test to deploy to monitor to defect resolution).
* Ensure product scalability and high-performance designs.
* Enable sharing of knowledge, teach other engineers and lead by example.
* Proactively minimize ‘grey’ areas among projects and members of the engineering team.
* Embrace the first principle of the agile manifesto: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.”
* Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to excellence.
* Lead, mentor, and assist in growing a healthy, high performing team where every team member can do their best work.
What we are looking for:
* Exceptional technical skills with a proven track record of 10+ years of experience developing complex and high-performance software solutions in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
* Strong problem solving, architecture, development, and debugging skills, as well as the ability to pragmatically apply these skills to developing software under a SCRUM methodology.
* Strong knowledge of distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, cloud-native design patterns and technologies
* Hands-on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS/Azure/Google, preferably with Microservice architectures that leverage Docker and Kubernetes.
* Strong database design principles with practical experience developing for SQL Server or Oracle environments. Experience in other database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Mongo and other non-relational DBs is a plus.
* Strong experience with one or more of these front-end technologies: React, Angular, Bootstrap, Vue 3, SASS, Rxjs, ASP.NET MVC.
* Experience leveraging GraphQL, Node, Nest, Redis, SaaS in a microservices environments is a big plus.
* 5+ years of experience collaborating in high performance Agile teams with Scrum.
* Results-oriented with a mix of intelligence, integrity, broad technical knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which engenders trust of teammates; proven track record of influencing/driving technical direction/solutions with stakeholders from multiple, diverse teams.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written communication skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a small, fast-paced team environment where team members are required to multi-task across many domains.
* Passion for product quality, excellence in software engineering, and a strong customer focus which results in putting customer needs first.
* Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience.
What we can offer:
* 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting from your first day of employment
* Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
* Lifestyle rewards
* Remote work and more!
At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and Telstra. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.