Cayenta has an opportunity for a Report & Software Developer who will join the Research & Development department in improving and expanding our product reporting solutions. We are looking for an individual with a passion for technology, a desire to continuously improve and a drive to contribute to Cayenta’s strategic vision.
This Report & Software Developer position is a hybrid role requiring experience designing and implementing reporting/data and software solutions utilizing IBM-based solutions (e.g., Cognos) and a mix of software technologies.
What your impact will be:
* Modernizes existing reports generated by the Financials product with a generic solution.
* Creates and maintains new core reports using IBM Cognos Analytics for any new products or modules within the Cayenta ERP application.
* Primary owner of the development of integration points between IBM Cognos Analytics and Cayenta applications.
* Collaborates with the R&D and Professional Services Business Intelligence (BI) teams to update core report release processes and reporting security requirements.
* Collaborates with the R&D teams to improve the data model of our applications and maximize usage of Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
* Collaborates with Product Management on new reporting requirements.
* Designs and develops performant, scalable, secure, and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices.
* Resolves architectural and design problems and addresses other concerns as necessary within the scope of reporting solutions.
* Conducts analysis and provides recommendations to senior management on the technical direction and design of medium to large-scale initiatives.
* Reviews obsolescence issues and recommends design changes.
* Works in both a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
What are we looking for:
* 5+ years of software development experience.
* Experience with reporting/Business Intelligence solutions (IBM Cognos Analytics or similar).
* Advanced experience with databases, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Postgres.
* Experience developing with APIs and web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, GraphQL).
* Ability to keep current with advancements in technology and tools. A working understanding of emerging learning technologies is desirable.
What we can offer:
* 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting from your first day of employment
* Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
* Lifestyle rewards
* Remote work and more!
Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, our Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.