Boston, MA (Remote)
We’re looking for a technical Principal Product Manager, Platform with a passion for system-level thinking, a grounding in metrics, and a talent for stakeholder partnership. ezCater is growing rapidly and maturing our technology, which means you have the opportunity to make a significant impact as you guide the platform vision. You will help define the boundaries of essential business entities such as caterers, menus, and orders, and build out the platform components and APIs that enable ezCater to scale and innovate. Your customers are the ezCater tech and product teams, and you’ll help balance between data-driven decision making and delivering results to meet strategic goals while shaping the future of our platform.
* Drive the long-term strategy, business goals, and priorities for the platform roadmap.
* Build deep empathy for your internal stakeholders, as well as ezCater customers & catering partners.
* Lead product initiatives across a cross-functional team including Engineering, Product, Operations, Business, and Data Analysis.
* Partner with stakeholders to develop coordinated tactics and strategies related to how we develop our platform strategy while ensuring we achieve shorter term business goals.
* Work closely with the platform engineering team across all stages of the product development process including requirements definition, release planning, and product delivery.
* Serve as the Product team subject matter expert on platform components, APIs, data systems, and processes.
* Analyze data on existing challenges to engineering efficiency and product innovation, as well as business and operations pain points, and develop a roadmap that solves the needs.
* Create and monitor the ongoing metrics that define success.
* Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
When You Start:
* By Day 30 you will:
* Understand the needs of your internal tech and product customers, and start to develop a strong sense of empathy for them.
* Partner with the engineering teams to understand the ins and outs of the technology stack and platform today.
* Be providing immediate and early value, organizing existing work, asking good questions, and figuring out what you need to learn to become more effective.
* Have internalized the key metrics for your domain and key analytics and experimentation tools.
* Have internalized the company direction, and early decisions around target customer / market focus.
By Day 60 you will:Have a solid working relationship established with the business, operations, and development team members as well as your product peers.Have a strong understanding of ezCater’s core business interactions, how our platform technology serves these today, and where the opportunities are for platform to drive innovation and efficiency.Generate the product direction with stakeholder buy-in.
By day 90 you will: Be a driving force within the company, leading across the business to drive your compelling vision and meaningful returns.Completely independently leading all execution and generating most of the strategy in your owned domain.Be able to give “the company pitch” to a prospective customer as well as any member of the sales team and back it up with detailed customer, product, and industry knowledge.
* 7+ years product management or equivalent work experience.
* Goal orientation and demonstrated record collaborating with engineering teams to deliver effective platform products.
* A penchant for operational excellence across complex and highly technical domains, along with deep comfort defining and working with APIs, ideally with GraphQL experience.
* A knack for managing schedules, dependencies, and priorities to achieve goals.
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; you’re happy and capable partnering with team members, managing expectations, and bringing your partners along on the product journey.
* Deep analytical ability, comfort working with and manipulating data, building hypotheses, and identifying high leverage opportunities.
* A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. You’re first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
* Entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact.
* A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
The national cash compensation range for this role is: $167,000 – $212,000* per year
* Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.