Chevy Chase, MD (Remote)
Our proprietary “Chameleon” API allows customers to request data quickly and efficiently. We leverage GraphQL to allow users to only get the data elements they need when they need them. You will work with scrum teams that ingest and transform new sources to make that data available for a variety of customers and use cases. You will have the opportunity to make our web service more reliable, performant, and resilient. An ideal candidate is intellectually curious, has a solution-oriented attitude, and enjoys learning new tools and techniques.
* 5+ years of experience with modern, object-oriented languages like Java or C#
* 4+ years of experience implementing micro-services architecture and extensible REST APIs
* 3+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
* Deep expertise and thought leadership on web service design best practices, including proposing and driving architecture changes to meet requirements
* Understanding of authentication and authorization best practices (SAML, OAuth, etc).
* Experience containerizing applications using Docker or Kubernetes (AKS preferred)
* Experience designing and implementing performance testing with tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
* Ability to debug and solve complex consumer-facing problems with minimal oversight
* Strong familiarity with and evangelism of GraphQL and ability to articulate when to use it against REST, SOAP, etc.
* A proven passion for documentation and mentorship of junior developers
* Understanding of CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory, etc)
* Hands-on experience with event-based system processing such as Kafka
* Hands-on experience with SQL, Spark, or Gremlin/Cypher is a huge plus
* Familiarity with NoSQL and Graph databases and building related data services
* Familiarity with data lake stacks (Snowflake, ADLS, Databricks)
* Experience writing unit tests using common unit testing frameworks and actively contributing to code quality
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
* Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
* 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Training and Licensures
* Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.