The Senior MongoDB Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining database infrastructure supporting both live and internal MongoDB environments hosted in our Private Cloud and supporting our new SaaS product offerings. The engineer will design, plan and implement optimal and resilient MongoDB replica sets including appropriate security, backups and other maintenance processes.
MongoDB is a core component of our technology stack and critical to the uptime and performance of our applications.
Your Core Responsibilities
* Design, develop and maintain database infrastructure to support the live and internal MongoDB environments, including security, HA & DR.
* Design and implement thorough metrics collection, monitoring and alerting in collaboration with the Cloud team.
* Collaboration with DevOps and our Private Cloud team to ensure optimal uptime, performance, scalability and deployments.
* Investigate performance issues alongside Product Support and Development through to resolution.
* Work closely with Development/Architecture to ensure the collection/document design is optimal for the workload.
* Provide mentoring and training to other members of the technology team.
Your Experience & Values
* Solid commercial experience using MongoDB in a highly transactional platform
* Extensive understanding of querying MongoDB and Aggregation Framework
* Deep understanding of replica sets and sharding
* Deep understanding of High Availability and DR configurations
* Understanding of MongoDB security and best practices
* Managing deployments using automation (e.g. Ansible)
* Strong understating of Linux (CentOS preferred)
* A good understanding of Kubernetes and Microservices/Containerization technologies
* Understanding of Node.js , AngularJS, Nest, GraphQL, Kafka & ELK an advantage
* Knowledge of relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
* Ability to identify processes that can be automated and willingness to investigate/solve the challenges
* Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science