The React front-end developer (remote) will be a critical part of the Hub International Application Development team.
- Participate within a cross-functional product team to develop and deploy production-quality code for clients
- Build reusable libraries and software components to accelerate the delivery of client solutions
- Develop and champion modern software development best practices and concepts to a technical audience and business stakeholders
- Take the lead in designing, developing, and documenting full-stack application software; evaluating third-party software products for integration as needed
- Participate in the full software development life cycle including architecture design, writing documentation and unit/integration tests, identifying issues and resolution, writing clean code, conducting code reviews, and mentoring other Engineers
- Scope, architect, design, develop, build, and release robust and scalable applications:
- Ability to explain and discuss technical concepts and methodologies with colleagues and clients from another discipline
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and implementation details
- Complex systems that are extensible, easy to understand, and self-maintaining
- Integration with third-party systems to enable use cases that power business solutions
- Work closely with web designers and developers to create modern UI/UX web applications
- Design and develop standardized application frameworks to support a variety of applications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience with web application development
- 2+ years serving as team lead (or equivalent)
- Strong experience working with ReactJS
- Experience with building full stack applications
- Strong computer science fundaments in data structures, algorithms, automated testing, object-oriented programming, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge in designing and maintaining APIs (RESTful, GraphQL, gRPC)
- Strong knowledge in application deployments in the cloud using CI/CD development process
- Agile development methodology
- Version control and git workflows
Nice to Have:
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working on public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure), and associated deep understanding of failover, high-availability, and high scalability
- Experience with UI/UX analytics platforms for engagement analysis (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Experience working with Python / Django
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Disclosure required under applicable municipal regulations in NY and NJ, as well as the law in Colorado: The expected salary range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000 and will be impacted by factors such as the successful candidate’s skills, experience and working location, as well as the specific position’s business line, scope and level. HUB International is proud to offer comprehensive benefit and total compensation packages which could include health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, FSA, HSA and 401(k) accounts, paid-time-off benefits, and eligible bonuses, equity and commissions for some positions.
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at
or [ Email address blocked ] – Click here to apply to Front End Developer – Remote. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.