Come revolutionize healthcare payments as a Founding Engineer at Opkit, a Y Combinator startup!
About Us & Vision
Opkit is an automated health insurance verification startup. Our software helps healthcare providers efficiently collect, verify and track their patients’ insurance. If you’ve ever been confused about whether you are in-network w/ your doctor, or how much a doctor’s visit is going to cost – that is what we are solving. Our vision is to become “Stripe for healthcare” – the default processor for all payments involving US health insurance.
Opkit was founded in June 2021 by Sherwood Callaway and Justin Ko, both early engineers from Brex, the $12b financial technology startup. We’ve raised $1M+ from leading investors (YC, A16Z, Greylock).
About the Role
As our Founding Engineer, you will play a key role in building out Opkit’s next-generation healthcare payments product, own critical decisions about our long-term technology stack, recruit and train our first engineers, and establish our engineering culture.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Designing and implementing new product features end-to-end
- Testing new features and deploying them to production
- Maintaining and improving our cloud infrastructure
- Triaging issues that arise in production
- Solving complex technical problems that will unlock massive customer value
- Collaborating closely with co-founders (both technical) to understand business requirements
- Recruiting and training new engineers
- Establishing our engineering culture and working norms
Some technical projects you would tackle:
- Re-architecting the Opkit platform for scale
- Managing a fleet of microservices
- Integrating with insurance companies
- Designing, implementing and operating a customer-facing API
- Designing, implementing and operating a system that extracts information from insurance card photos
- Emotion (Styled Components)