Director, Engineering- Software (REMOTE) job in Virginia Beach at Geico Insurance
This exciting opportunity allows you to use cutting edge technology and to push the art of the possible. You will be an integral part of the design and implementation of GEICO’s next generation data and Integration ecosystem that fuels GEICO’s transformation into a API first company. All while driving the careers and growth of your associates!
* Work with Business leaders and Tech Partners to ensure strategic business and tech alignment, drive enterprise solution and application architecture patterns and practices, and build target state solutions
* Direct technical implementation and delivery of the Geico’s Integration platform (Synchronous and Asynchronous)
* Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
* Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
* Bring a passion to stay on top of new tech trends, experiment with them and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the IT organization
* Technical ability to problem solve with engineers for architectural trade-offs and technology selections.
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies
* Lead the Design, architecture, Delivery, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Attract, inspire, and retain exceptional Engineers, architects, and managers.
* Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures and build new Integration platforms to support micro services and micro service architecture
* Possess effective decision-making skills demonstrated using sound judgement along with tactful communication
* Initiative and creativity in solving problems and driving innovation through others
* Adheres to GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies, and operating principles
* 8+ years of experience designing, building, optimizing and scaling Integration Platform solutions using cutting edge technologies
* 6+ years of leadership experience leading, coaching, and developing teams and associates in Software and Data Engineering
* Deep understanding of the pros and cons with cloud-native solution, microservices-architecture, and API orchestration architecture
* Experience with multiple public cloud platforms like Azure, AWS and Google
* Experience with designing, developing & implementing cloud native solutions
* Strong understanding of API platforms, back-end services, database and networking components of full stack infrastructure
* Experience in designing and developing REST / gRPC / GraphQL /Webhooks based web-services with high performance, availability, resilience, and throughput
* 5+ years of experience in Agile frameworks and methodologies
* Strong understanding of Software Engineering and Data Engineering technologies
* Knowledge on Azure Kubernetes Services and experience with Kubernetes deployments
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines and build/release practices
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to both Senior Leadership, highly technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience with strategic planning, establishing and communicating roadmaps, budgeting, and allocation of resources
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
* Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
* 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
* Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
* Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Computing