At Fidelity Personal Investing (PI) we are investing aggressively in cutting-edge technology, and we are looking for an accomplished Experience Architect to join our team.
We are at a fun and interesting crossroads with lots of greenfield projects in the web and mobile space. These projects involve starting over with some highly visible platforms and redesigning and rebuilding them in modern cutting-edge technologies and methodologies.
You will be directly responsible for some of these decisions as well as building proof of concepts to prove out viability of the decisions.
If you are excited about building technology that affects millions of daily active users, then this role is right for you. We are looking for someone that can be hands on keyboards and develop a proof of concept to communicate their ideas as well as someone that can develop a vision and then deliver on it.
Come join us and help shape and deliver the future digital version of Fidelity.com as well as our mobile apps!
Your work will be highly visible, and you will present it widely including to business units, the Architecture Community and Fidelity executive leadership.
If you like working with the latest groundbreaking technology, prefer a family-oriented culture, and want to work in FinTech – then Fidelity is the perfect place for you.
The Experience We’re Looking For
5+ years’ experience architecting/engineering/developing web-enabled applications and some combination of the following:
- Experience/frontend architecture frameworks like, Micro Frontends and/or Omni-channel patterns.
- Mobile architecture like, MVC, Clean architecture, SOLID principles, etc.
- Mobile languages, Swift or Kotlin
- REST-based Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, OpenAPI
- Content management systems and their integration on various channels
- Designing personalized user experiences built on AI/ML
- Proven track record as a Solution Architect or Technical Lead, crafting new solutions
- Experience with Cloud-based Architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms, containers, serverless and data)
- Architectural techniques, e.g.: Sequence Diagrams, C4 Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams…
- Building highly scaled and robust enterprise-class applications
- Software Engineering principles
- Agile development methodology and Scaled Agile Framework
- Event Driven Architecture and Event patterns
- Continuous integration/deployment and container-based architecture
The Purpose of Your Role
- Compete with digital-first innovators by delivering next-generation, personalized, intuitive, inclusive, fully digital customer experiences
- Deploy automated tools and standard processes to accelerate goals
- Empower our customers to use all their financial data to drive their financial planning with Fidelity
- Establish deep credibility and trust with our customers
- Articulation of the Future State Architecture, complemented by a detailed Strategy, which contains relevant Architecture & Design artifacts enabling the business strategy delivering value our customers will recognize
- Collaboration with all other Solution Architects, & the Platform Engineering organization, with respect to the refinement & evolution of the Solutions Architecture Processes & Practices
- Continuous “outside-in” scanning, to facilitate continuous learning, hands-on understanding, & adoption of Solutions Architecture industry standard methodologies & techniques
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to achieve goals
- Your passion and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Perform (or willingness to learn) the coding to deliver polyglot solutions that delight our customers
- Your willingness to partner effectively with your technology business partners
- Your dedication to sharing knowledge and providing mentorship to lead developers in their work
- Ability to think and execute on long-range vision which translated to E2E strategic actionable plans
- Your ability to bring unique perspective to customer experiences that can impact both internal and external products
- Learning: The Architect is a source of information and knowledge; they are a role model in learning and models continuous “outside-in” learning across strategic technical areas including: DevSecOps, AI/ML, tech culture, Cloud, Platform Management, etc.
The Value You Deliver
- Drive target architecture for various solutions in Business Unit (Personal Investing)
- Develop prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach
- Work with multiple squads using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Provide technical expertise as requested by members of various scrum teams
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Personal Investing Development teams provide direction and implementation to the experiences that enable our Retail customers to be financially successful. Your work, as part of the team, enables functionality developed throughout the firm to reach these customers and craft the high-value interactions that will keep them coming back. As part of the team, you will be able to impact the speed, efficacy, and scale of the technical solutions that will serve these customers through forward-looking architectural designs as well as hands-on implementation.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Director, Architecture, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “[ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Director, Architecture”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Director, Architecture.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Director, Architecture, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.