Raleigh, NC (Remote)
This position supports the development, hardening, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of tools that enable military wargamers to simulate nuclear, chemical, and biological events in wargame scenarios and training. Based out of Raleigh, NC this position is part of a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of software, cloud, and security engineers delivering the next generation of cloud and web-enabled wargaming software.
As a valued team contributor, your tasks will include updating and improving existing cloud infrastructure, performing continuous monitoring tasks of production environments, creating new and updating existing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment DevSecOps pipelines, automating the provisioning of build VMs and Kubernetes clusters, addressing security findings found in SAST/DAST/Image Scans, and much more.
Due to the work, you’ll perform and interactions with the intelligence community and DoD programs you must be a US citizen and will need to be eligible to apply for and hold a US Security Clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
DevSecOps Cloud Engineer Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in computer science along with 5-7 years of related experience OR 3-5 years of experience with a Master’s Degree.
DevSecOps Cloud Engineer Required Technology & Skills:
Successful candidates will possess an extensive background in 3 or more of the following as well as demonstrate a strong desire to learn 3 or more of these skill sets:
* 2+ years Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc)
* 2+ years experience with Kubernetes & containers
* 3+ years Linux experience (RHEL or Ubuntu preferred)
* 2+ years Git experience
* 1+ years operating a Continuous Integration system (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
* You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team-player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
DevSecOps Cloud Engineer Required Certifications:
* AWS Certification (any Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps, DevOps)
* CompTIA Security+ (or DoD 8570 equivalent)
DevSecOps Cloud Engineer Preferred Experience & Skills:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set you could succeed in this role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
* Developing Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* Mitigation of security vulnerabilities (CVE, etc)
* Working with Static and Dynamic Code Analysis tools (SAST/DAST)
* Performing container image scanning
* Working in a modern software lifecycle (Agile, etc)
* Working with code repositories (Bitbucket/GitHub/GitLab)
* Kubernetes Day 2 Operations, defining YAML, Helm Charts, Rancher/RKE2/K3S
* Familiarity with GitOps tools (FluxCD or ArgoCD)
* Certification: DISA ACAS (Tenable Nessus)
* Certification: DISA ESS (McAfee ePO/ENS)
* Working with REST and/or GraphQL APIs
* Working with software dependency management tools (Maven, Gradle, Ruby Gems, NPM/Yarn)
* VMWare virtual machines (Desktop and ESXi)
* Self-starter, able to get tasks done with minimal assistance
* A strong desire to continuously learn new technology
* Security clearance (minimum able to obtain DoD Top Secret)
* Portfolio of personal/hobby projects on GitHub
Anticipated salary range: $100,000 to $130,000. Offer may vary depending on experience, skillset, and location.
Who is ARA?
Do you want to work for a purpose? Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company. We have been providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences since 1979. ARA has over 1,700 employee-owners and continues to grow rapidly. Together, our offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides itself, on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norms. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. Employee ownership ensures you have a voice in what happens in the company. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN), whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about what the Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments Division has to offer, visit our website at: [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to DevSecOps Cloud Engineer-Remote Work Available />