TEKsystems is looking for a Backend Software Engineer that will report to the Manager of Data solutions, partnering with Product owners, Project managers, IT leaders, development teams, and related stakeholders. This individual must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience facilitating cross-team collaboration. This is a full time role.
Sql, Sql server, Ssis, Azure SQL, Agile
As a Data Solutions Backend Software Engineer, you will…
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain solutions in Azure using the following tech: Azure SQL, C#, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, and GraphQL. Expertise in Data Factory, Batch Services, Service Buses, Event Grid, Function Apps, APIM, GraphQL, App Insights, Key Vault, performance tuning/optimization.
• Design efficient DB schemas
• Data Driven Unit tests for Validating SQL
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
• 5+ years of proven experience working as a hands-on Backend Software Engineer in an agile environment with multiple programming languages, frameworks, cloud architecture:
•Languages: C#, T-SQL (CRUD operations)
•APIs: C# REST APIs (bonus: Azure Function Apps, GraphQL)
•ETL: SSIS or Azure Data Factory
•API Gateways: Azure API Management
•Architectural Patterns: Microservices Architecture, Event-based Architecture
•Source control: Git code management
• Deploying production services in a cloud environment; ideally Azure including:
•Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Batch Service, Azure API Management
•App Insights (Logging / Alerts)
• Excellent understanding of objected oriented principles
• Demonstrated experience in identifying, debugging, and resolving complex production issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
• Strong interpersonal skills and broad business and technical knowledge
• NoSQL experience
• Cloud experience with Azure (Web Apps, Terraform, Azure DevOps)
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.