Total Wine & More is seeking a Remote Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering modernization team. We are passionate about building scalable, performant cloud-based web applications while continuously developing new features to enrich our end user experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to leverage senior-level in-depth C# experience to build performant, scalable, reusable components. This engineer will work closely with product owners, architects, and other engineers to translate designs into actionable technical requirements and ultimately clean, functional code. Curiosity and a customer-focused mindset are encouraged as many features will be piloted in real-world use cases. This engineer will strive for continuous optimization of usability, security, and performance.
* Work with a variety of teams across the Technology department to evaluate, estimate, develop and create high impact projects on schedule
* Perform solution analysis, translating requirements into design specifications
* Implement applications and services using C#, GraphQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
* Mentor junior and mid-level engineers within your team
* Create and contribute to design/architecture for technical solutions
* Write performant, maintainable, and testable code with automated testing
* Consult with product owners and end-users to prototype, refine, test, and debug solutions
You will come with
* 5+ years’ senior-level experience in.NET Framework/Core, specifically C#; additional experience with Go would be a big plus
* 5+ years’ experience with RESTful APIs, microservices and containers in a cloud native environment
* 5+ years’ experience in interacting with relational or NoSQL database technologies. Preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
* Proficiency with implementing common best practice design patterns and architecture for scalable microservice based backend
* Familiarity with NUnit, Postman and other testing frameworks/tools, Jest would be a plus
* Familiar with continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD), ex. AzureDevOps
* Exposure to messaging systems a plus (Kafka, Apache Spark, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus)
* Familiarity with test automation and TDD concepts
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Generous store discounts
* Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
* 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Disability & life insurance coverage
* Paid parental leave
* Pet insurance
* Critical illness and accident insurance
* Discounted home and auto insurance
* College tuition assistance
* Career development & product training
* Consumer classes
* & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country’s largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More. Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.